Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is written instructions that document a routine or repetitive activity which is followed by employees in any company. The development and use of SOPs are an integral part of a successful quality system which provides us an information to perform a job properly and consistently in order to achieve pre-determined specification and quality end result.
SOPs can be written in four different formats: simple steps, hierarchical steps, graphic procedures or a flowchart. The most appropriate format to use will depend on the number of steps involved in the process and how many decisions the user has to make the procedure.
The benefits of Standard Operating Procedures:
- To help assure the quality and consistency of service.
- To help ensure good practice at all times.
- To avoid confusion over who does what.
- As an historical record of the how or why and when of steps in an existing process so there is a factual basis for revising those steps when a process or equipment are changed
- To contribute to the audit process.
We can help your company to make, develop or review your existing SOP’s.